I work collaboratively and know we need to get the city’s business done. We have an opportunity to manage the city’s growth in a careful, positive way, based on Lake Elmo’s unique identity. We need to stop feeding the drama!
As I travel throughout the community listening to what our citizens have to say, they are tired of the current dysfunction and want change. Residents want someone who can bring independent thinking based on facts, and does not get pigeon holed into “Us vs. Them” dynamics. There is a better way – a new path that does not rely on fighting and “the enemy.” We need to build up our community. We need the fact-based, respectful, long-term view that I bring to the council – keeping Lake Elmo unique and true to its character that we all love so much.
With a successful business, I bring important traits that will lead to success on the Council: collaboration, vision, problem-solving, common sense, and financial management. Starting and running my business, in collaboration with a group of motivated professionals, has equiped me with a strong understanding of what things and mindset are needed to manage a highly functioning organization.
- Former City Council member (2009-2012) who rebuilt communications with the Met Council
- Infrastructure Engineer and CEO that uses facts to make good decisions
- Present Library Board Chairman
BALANCED, RESPONSIBLE GROWTH
- We have to preserve our City’s unique assets. This provides value for our homes and future – quality lakes, scenic landscapes, accessible downtown, friendly neighborhoods and a variety of great local businesses.
- Manage growth responsibly. Ensure developers build within the character of Lake Elmo, and at a pace we want. Creative, not cookie-cutter development.
- Build quality neighborhoods that are distinctive and makes us proud!
STRONG LAKE ELMO HISTORY
- Resident of Lake Elmo for 20 years
- Married to Jean and raised three children in Lake Elmo
- CEO of growing, award-winning engineering and environmental company
- Reputation for calm demeanor and respectful communication
- Experienced team builder
CONTACT BRETT EMMONS:
Committee to Elect Brett Emmons, 3280 Klondike Ave. N, Lake Elmo, MN